Today I made actual Christmas cookies (as opposed to “fake” ones), in the form of Double Chocolate Pillows, as rec’ed by Bobbi. To make them Christmassy, I crushed up candy canes in all of them, and topped half the batch with crushed candy canes as well.
They’re quite good! (Yes, I tested
one two :) The peppermint flavor isn’t as strong as I would have liked in the ones without candy canes on top, but I didn’t have peppermint extract to use.
I have very little counter space, so I tend to go all over when I make cookies, or anything, really.
I was really excited for dinner, but it didn’t turn out as well as I would have liked :( I had some Trader Joe’s Whole Wheat Pizza Dough in my fridge, so I thawed it out all day, to make some pizza for tonight. I dusted the pan with cornmeal (very important to note), rolled out the dough, and topped it with pesto, sautéed mushrooms, sliced Canadian bacon, sliced shallots, chopped green pepper, parmesan and gruyere cheese (yup, it was a “clean out the fridge” sort of pizza). I made two, because the dough seemed a little “iffy”, and I didn’t think it would stand being refrozen. They looked so pretty coming out of the oven!
But obviously I didn’t use enough cornmeal, as the pizzas were COMPLETELY stuck to the pan.
I did manage to get the other pizza pretty much up, with a lot of work and knife “skills”.
Sadly, it didn’t taste all that great, either. The crust was really dry, and there wasn’t a ton of flavor in the toppings either. I still ate my share, but it certainly didn’t live up to expectations.
Luckily, I made my favorite green beans to eat alongside, which were much more satisfying.
Now, I’m watching Jingle All the Way. I have a set list of Christmas movies that I “need” to watch during the holidays, and this is one of them. It’s definitely a family favorite, but I guess I’ll have to be okay with watching it alone this year.
My List of Favorite Christmas Movies:
- A Muppet Christmas Carol – watched! on the drive home for Thanksgiving
- The Snowman – I own the DVD, so I’ll watch it shortly
- Timmy’s Gift – a Precious Moments movie that I only have on VHS at home
- Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer – watched! last night :)
- Jingle All the Way – watching now ;)
- Joyeux Noel – a German/French/English film that everyone MUST watch (it’s about said companies on Christmas Eve during WWI – I cry every time!), I own the DVD, and will watch it soon
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – my mom and I will watch it at home
- The Santa Clause – watched most of
Elf and Love Actually get honorable mentions, and I do like watching Miracle on 34th Street and A Christmas Story, but I can live without watching them…The others are non-negotiable. It’s just not the holiday season without them! What Christmas (or holiday) movies do you love to watch?
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .